Sunday, May 26, 2019

Her/His Father's Hand

The party of brave adventurers meets a lonely child in their travels; dirty, underfed, sad and orphaned. The child is brought comfort by an object the adventures cannot immediately see, which turns out to be the severed hand (Rotting or preserved - however you get your jollies) of the child's father - or so they claim.


A boy need never fear when he can feel the warmth and touch of his father's hand.

A severed rotting, skeletal, or embalmed hand that inexplicably clings to the child in a place a father's hand ought to - horizontally across a shoulder in a gesture of friendship, perpendicular atop the shoulder gripping with praise or condolence, clasped around a hand in love and reassurance, resting gently atop the skull with jovial affection or perhaps with fingers delicately lifting the chin and urging perseverance and strength.

His Father's Hand could offer a myriad of benefits, but any bonus would be small and thematic to the position of the hand. Perhaps a flat bonus/advantage/reroll/ to a fear save, or being able to shrug off the first fear effect with no role.

It might offer something similar in regards to strength or skill when attempting a new or dangerous task.

---

I recently wrecked my car to the tune of $1500 while driving my dog to the vet. It was raining and we hydroplaned, slamming into a concrete barrier. I had my back seats folded down and my dog was loose in the back, so he got tossed around, but ultimately nobody was injured at all. Unfortunately, now my dog has a very hard time riding in the car and can't get comfortable unless he's being touched throughout the entire car ride. If I'm a passenger in my girlfriend's car, he likes to stand up in the backseat and rest his head on my shoulder. If I'm the driver in my car, he likes to curl up in my passenger seat and puts his head on top of my hand which I rest behind the gear shifter/next to the emergency brake until I have to shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment